Wednesday 22 February 2017

Meet the participants of the #LlandeiloBookFair #LlandeiloLitFest: JA Corrigan

JA Corrigan will not only be attending the Book Fair but she will also talk about her journey to publishing on Sunday. April 30th at 2pm at the Angel Inn. Please tell us about the books you’ll be bringing to the Book Fair.


I am bringing my debut novel, Falling Suns, published in July 2016 by Accent Press

Which genres do they belong to?
It is a psychological thriller

What are the characters and plots like?
Many of the characters in Falling Suns are flawed, including the protagonist, Rachel Dune. The plot is dark and disturbing, but I hope the reader leaves the novel with some sense of hope.

Tell us about your newest book.
I’m working simultaneously on two new books, so both are works-in-progress. Both stories weave together modern historical and contemporary fiction. 

Which of your books are you’re most proud of, and why?
I am proud of all my books, even the ones that are still sitting in the drawer! 
 
What is the best thing that has been said about your books?
"Believable, accomplished writing, a story that stays with me days after I’ve finished reading it.”  “A bold and visceral novel."

Why did you decide to come to the Llandeilo Book Fair?
I love Wales and love to meet potential readers as well as mixing with other writers.

Do you have a special connection to Wales?
Yes! My husband is Welsh, and years ago we owned a farmhouse near to Hay-on-Wye. Happy days!

What is your personal background?
I am married with one teenage daughter, and a dog. I am a qualified physiotherapist too, but not practicing at the moment, preferring to concentrate on my writing.

Who are your favourite authors?
Kate Atkinson, DM Thomas, John Irving, Cormac McCarthy, Alex Marwood, and many others! 

Sunday April 30th at 2pm at the Angel Inn
J A Corrigan and David Evans on their journey to published authors
Eventbrite - J A Corrigan and David Evans on their Journey to Published Authors  £2,71 Journey to PublishingMaking it in the challenging world of publishing is hard. Considering taking the plunge? Wondering how a publishing contract can be obtained. Authors, David Evans and J A Corrigan, discuss their road to publishing success.
Mae y byd cyhoeddi llyfrau yn un cystadleuol dros ben. Ydych chi am fentro? Bydd David Evans a JA Corrigan yn agor y llen ac yn cynnig canllawiau gwerthfawr.


Twitter: @julieannwriter 
Author Facebook Page:





No comments:

Post a Comment