Thursday 16 February 2017

Meet the participants of the #LlandeiloBookFair / #LlandeiloLitFest 2017: Carole Ann Smith / Llanelli Writer's Circle

Here is Carole Ann in her own words:

I will be representing the Llanelli Writers' Circle which I founded 27 years ago - our anthologies have been short-listed in a number of national competitions. 

I am also the editor of the annual periodical Amrywiaeth Llanelli Miscellany, published by the WEA. The book was first published in 1986 and is a mix of social and local history, memoir and some poetry. 


I've lived in Loughor for over 30 years. I emigrated with my parents to Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) at the age of 12, and later met my husband from Llanelli there. 

Books with an historical / psychological or a supernatural element are those I most enjoy reading, though I don't have a favourite author. 


I write short stories, articles and the occasional inspired poem and have had my work published in literary magazines and have been successful in short story competitions. As an amateur photographer I enjoy combining words and pictures.

Carole Ann Smith

https://www.linkedin.com/in/carole-ann-smith-33132331


No comments:

Post a Comment