Thursday 7 April 2016

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT SERIES: AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT WITH CHRISTOPH FISCHER

Spotlight on Llandeilo Book Fair organiser Christoph Fischer and his books.



AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT SERIES: AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT WITH CHRISTOPH FISCHER: I am overjoyed to announce that author Christoph Fischer features next in the series. As you may be aware I asked authors on my face...




Hi Christoph, thank you for featuring here today.
When did you start writing and why?

About 7 years ago I began some ancestry research and read a lot of history books about Czechoslovakia during and after World War 2. I learned a lot that I hadn’t known and combining those facts with some ideas about my family’s roots in the region resulted in my novel “The Luck of the Weissensteiners”. Although this is not the story of my ancestors, the book is quite close to my heart.

Are you self-published or traditional?

Self-published, out of choice. With all the changes in the publishing industry authors are called upon to do a lot of their marketing work anyway. I prefer having the control over cover design, who edits my novels and how it is marketed.

If you can make it work, then fantastic. It's hard work, that's for sure. Lonely, sometimes and I wonder whether an agent would help champion my work or not? I have mixed feelings.
How many books have you written?

I’ve written ten novels so far. Here are some of them:





Five historical novels, all set in the 20th Century: “The Luck of the Weissensteiners” (Slovakia during WW2), “Sebastian” (Vienna during WW1), “The Black Eagle Inn” (Germany after WW2), “In Search of a Revolution” (Finland between 1918 and 1956) and “Ludwika” (A Polish Ostarbeiter in Germany during World War 2).

Three contemporary family dramas about mental health and Alzheimer’s. 

Two thrillers: “The Healer” and “The Gamblers”.

Brilliant! I've just picked up Ludwika. What a story!
What are you working on now?

I’m working on a sequel to “The Healer” and on a comic rural murder mystery.

Who is your favourite character of your books and why?

Jonah Weissensteiner is a very jovial and caring father figure with a great sense of humour. He’s close to how I saw my father and how I imagined my grandfather, whom I never got to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment